Friday, January 31, 2014

Pink Kisses & Birthday Wishes








    "Learn from yesterday,live for today,hope for tomorrow"

             
      So sorry for being so late on this, things have been
beyond hectic at school and work; But the 21st was my 19!
I tried to dress up even though it was under 20 degrees here and
snowing!! I'm wearing a Forever 21 shirt Mike got me for 
Christmas, Poppy Pink lipstick from Walmart, brown & pink 
polka dotted socks from a thrift store, with combat boots 
from Macy's (I believe). 
      Crazy winter, it was a crazy day as well. I was out late the
day before and had school in the morning ! Mike knew I wasn't 
doing much to celebrate so he took me to breakfast, chicken
and waffles. Never heard of it have you? Try it, it's just pure bliss.
      My first class was dance, a fast past jazz adventure to say
the  least, and great cardio. Honestly all other classes were just 
distractions to the nap I was anticipating. (Don't take this 
experience with you to college, actually pay attention!) 
    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

      A couple days later I got to see my friend since pre-school! It's 
amazing actually that seeing her was a real gift. Her current arrangement 
for awhile has made it nearly impossible for me to see or her beautiful son.
So normally when I see her we don't do much, but I take her presence in.
It may not have been the birthday I wanted but I got to see her and another
friend I haven't seen in a while and ate a wonderful breakfast, so for that
I am thankful.
        
                                                                                  -Fashionably Me












2 comments:

  1. Ahh I LOVE chicken and waffles! What a great invention.

    That's wonderful you got to see your friend again. We have to treasure those times.

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Courtney!! Love that cute graphic top and your edgy boots. Your hair also looks great.

    Mmm, any mention of food makes me hungry. I have heard of chicken and waffle flavored chips, so real chicken and waffles sounds scrumptious! How sweet of Mike!

    And how awesome that you got to see an old friend. It's awesome that you managed to arrange a get-together after so many years. I became facebook friends with my 2nd grade best friend last year and it just made me think how crazy the internet is!

    Best of luck with your classes! Bdays do lose their sparkle as we get older, but yours sounded fulfilling :) And to answer your question, I only brave the cold occasionally for photoshoots haha. Definitely not in polar vortex weather like now!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete